1. Deni said,”I will give you a book tomorrow.”
Deni said that he would give me a book tomorrow.
2. She said,“I work in a restaurant.”
She said that she worked in a restaurant.
3. They said, “We are going to go to Jogjakarta.”
They said that they were going to go to Jogjakarta.
4. William said, “I am happy.”
William said that he was happy.
5. I said,”Johnny has been waiting for you for two hours.”
I said that Johnny had been waiting for you for two hours.
6. He said, “I want to watch a film.”
He said that he wanted to watch a film.
7. Maria said, “Jane is sleeping.”
Maria said that Jane was sleeping.
8. Sule said, “ I have bought a new dress.”
Sule said that he had bought a new dress.
9. Alex said, “ I finished my homework.”
Alex said that he had finished his homework.
10. Fahri said, “ I can carry 50 kg.”
Fahri said that he could carry 50 kg.
11. ‘What do you want?’ she asked him.
She asked him what he wanted.
12. ‘Are you coming with us?’ he asked me.
He asked me if I was coming/going with them.
13. He asked, ‘When do you intend to make the payment?’
He enquired when I/he/she intended to make the payment.
14. ‘Do you come from China?’ said the prince to the girl.
The prince asked the girl if she came from China.
15. The poor man exclaimed, ‘Will none of you help me?’
The poor man exclaimed whether none of them would help him.
16. David said, “I am writing a letter now”.
David said that he was writing a letter then.
17. Johnsi said, “I write a letter”.
Johnsi said that she wrote a letter.
18. Angel said, “I brought a pen yesterday”.
Angel said that she had bought a pen the day before.
19.John said, “I am going to church”.
John said that he was going to church.
20. Nelson said, “I was playing cricket”.
Nelson said that he had been playing cricket
21. Kamal said, “I have done my home work”.
Kamal said that he had done his home work.
22. He said, “I have been reading a novel”.
He said that he had been reading a novel.
23. He said, “I will go to London tomorrow”
He said that he would go to London the next day
24. He said, “John will be in London on Tuesday.”.
He said that John would be in London on Tuesday.
25. “I never eat meat”, he explained.
He explained that he never ate meat.
26. He said, “I wish I knew.”.
He said that He wished he knew.
27. She says, “I shall be there.”.
She said that she will be there.
28. He said, “She is coming this week.”.
He said that she was coming that week.
29. He said, “I bought this pearl for my mother.”.
He said that he had bought that pearl for his mother.
30. He said, “Where is she going?”.
He asked where she was going.
31. He said, “Lucy, when is the next bus?”.
He asked Lucy when the next bus was.
32. ”Is anyone there?” she asked.
She asked if anyone was there.
33. The mother said, “Lie down, David.”.
The mother asked David to lie down.
34. He said, “Don’t move, boys.”
He asked the boys not to move.
35. He said, “Please say nothing about this.”.
He asked her to say nothing about that.
36. I say, "I want to sleep"
I say that I want to sleep
37. He say, "I like sweets"
He says that he likes sweets
38. She said, “ I am reading a whodunit now”
She said she was reading a whodunit then.
39. He said,” I killed an ant”
He said he had killed an ant.
40. We said ,” They have done their job”
We said they had done their job
41. She said,” We were all laughing uncontrollably”
She said they had been all laughing uncontrollably.
42. He said,” I can do it”
He said he could do it.
43. She said to me,” You may need help”
She told me I might need help.
44. He said ,” She will do this task quickly”
He said she would do that task quickly.
45. He said, “I work in a factory”
He said that he worked in a factory.
46. They said, “we are going to cinema”
They said that they were going to cinema.
47. He said, “I am happy”
He said that he was happy.
48. I said to him, “you are intelligent”
I said him that he was intelligent.
49. He says, "I am not coming."
He says that he is not coming.
50. She will say, "I don’t want to come."
She will say that she does not want to come.
Change indirect sentences into direct sentences
1. I told him that I could fix this computer immediately.
I told him,”I can fix this computer immediately.”
2. He said that he was delighted.
He said,” I was delighted.”
3. Boni said that Ani was his best friend.
Boni said,”Ani is my best friend.
4. Angga said that the weather was nice in Bandung.
Angga said,”The weather is nice in Bandung.”
5. Marry told us that she had to go.
Marry told us,”I have to go.”
6. Ben said that it might rain.
Ben said, “ It may rain.”
7. He said that everybody had to obey the rules.
He said, “ Everybody must obey the rules. “
8. She said that she had to go home.
She said, “ I have to go home.”
9. He said that he is going to school everyday.
He said, “ I am going to school everyday. “
10. Feni said that she went to school everyday.
Feni said, I go to school everyday.
11. The little girl asked which way she should go.
‘Which way should I go?’ asked the little girl.
12. Alladin asked the magician what he had done to deserve so severe a punishment.
Alladin said to the magician, ‘What have I done to deserve so severe a punishment?’
13. I asked her whether she did not know the way home.
‘Don’t you know the way home?’ I said to her.
14. The teacher asked the student if he/she wrote a good hand.
‘Do you write a good hand?’ the teacher said to the student.
15. The judge finally asked whether he/she had anything to say on behalf of the accused.
‘Have you anything to say on behalf of the accused?’ said the judge finally.
16. He enquired whether his name was Ahmed.
He said to him, “Is not your name Ahmed?"
17. As the stranger entered the town, he was met by a police man who asked him if he was a traveler. He answered carelessly that it would appear so.
As the stranger entered the town, he was met by a police, man who asked, “Are you a traveler?" “So it would appear", He replied carelessly.
18. She asked how she, a girl, who can not ride or use sword or lance, be of any help. Rather, she would stay at home and spin beside her dear mother.
She said, “How can I, a girl, who can not ride or use sword or lance, be of any help? Rather would I stay at home and spin beside my dear mother?"
19. Clinton asked John to go with him.
Clinton said to John, “Come with me."
20. The stranger asked Alice where he lived.
The stranger said to Alice, ‘where do you live?’
21. An old mouse asked who would bell the cat.
An old mouse said, “Who will bell the cat?"
22. Ram said to his mother that he would be late that night.
Ram said to his mother, “I will be late today night."
23. I told my mother that I wanted coffee then.
I said to my mother, “I want coffee now”.
24. Yobu told Lazar that he was lying.
Yobu said to Lazar, “You are lying”.
25. I asked my sister what she was doing then.
I said my sister, “What are you doing now?”.
26. The teacher asked the boy why he was late.
The teacher said to the boy, “Why are you late?”.
27. Johncy asked Rosy if she had done the problem the day before.
Johncy said to Rosy, “Did you do the problem yesterday?”.
28. She requested me to lend her my Atlas.
She asked to me, “Please lend me your Atlas”.
29. The conductor told the man to give the old lady his seat.
The conductor said to the man, “Give the old lady your seat”.
30. He exclaimed that it was a very strange idea.
He said, “What a strange idea!”.
31. She exclaimed that the house was very lovely.
She said, “How lovely the house is!”.
32. The Policemen asked us where we were going.
The Policeman said to us, "where are you going?"
33. His angry mother jeered and asked whether he supposed that he knew better than his father.
His angry mother jeered, “Do you suppose you know better than your father?"
34. Raja ordered John to go away
Raja said to John,"Go away !"
35. He requested Mary to wait there till he returned
He said to Mary, "Please wait here till I return"
36. The Judge commanded them to call the first witness
"Call the first witness", said the Judge
37. He shouted to them to let him go
He shouted, "Let me go!"
38. He urged them to be quite and listen to his words.
He said, “Be quite and listen to my words".
39. He exclaimed sadly that he was undone.
He said, “Alas! I am undone".
40. Alice exclaimed that he was very clever.
Alice said, “How clever I am?"
41. He applauded him, saying that he had done well.
He said, “Bravo! You have done well."
42. He called upon Heaven to witness his resolve never to steal
“So help me, Heaven!" he cried, “I will never steal again".
“So help me, Heaven!" he cried, “I will never steal again".
43. He said that he was glad to be there that evening.
He said, “I am glad to be here this evening."
44. He said that he was there the day before.
He said, “I was here yesterday."
45. He says that his mother is writing letter.
He says, “ my mother is writing letter."
46. He says that he is unwell.
He says, “I am unwell."
47. He says that he has passed the examination
He says, “I have passed the examination."
48. He says that his dog died in the night.
He says, “My dog died in the night."
49. Clinton said that he was very busy then.
Clinton said, “I am very busy now."
50. He said the library was closed
"The Library is closed", He said